Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Interesting Article About Mayo v. Prometheus

Last month I blogged about the Supreme Court decision in Mayo Collaborative Services v. Prometheus Laboratories, Inc.  The case involved the patentability of medical diagnostic techniques, and has potentially broader implications for other types of technologies.

My colleague Bernard Chao wrote an interesting article about the case, "Moderating Mayo," which can be downloaded on SSRN.  I agree with Bernard's view that the "point of novelty" can be a useful tool in evaluating patents.

1 comment:

  1. Likely it's taboo for me to say this on a blog for patent lawyers, but I'm glad the Supreme Court ruled as it did in Prometheus. It will be interesting to see how the Myriad patent litigation fares in light of the high court's ruling.

    ReplyDelete