A few new things about SOPA and PIPA, two bills that would destroy the Internet as we know it.
- In response to the House Judiciary Committee's one-sided hearing about SOPA, on January 18 Rep. Darrell Issa's House Oversight Committee will hold hearings on issues regarding the Domain Name Service (DNS), including presumably the effect of SOPA/PIPA.
- Also on January 18, the popular user-generated website Reddit will go on strike for 12 hours as a protest against SOPA/PIPA. Will sites such as Google and Facebook follow?
- The Center for Democracy and Technology has assembled a collection of articles/letters criticizing SOPA/PIPA, and a list of opponents to the bills as they are presently written.
- A site called "SOPAOpera" lists the positions of various members of Congress.
- Here's an IEEE article about why Spain's version of SOPA won't work.
- SOPA/PIPA was the subject of a "contentious" discussion at this week's Consumer Electronics Show.