Viacom has now filed its opening brief. Groklaw has a discussion of that brief here. In addition, six amicus briefs have been filed in support of Viacom:
- Ronald A.Cass, Raymond Nimmer, and Stuart N. Brotman
- Copyright Alliance, Minority Media & Telecommunications Council, Inc. and the Media Institute
- American Federation of Musicians, Directors Guild of America, International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, and Studio Transportation Drivers, Local 399, International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- MPAA and Independent Film & TV Alliance
- American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers, Broadcast Music, Inc., The Recording Industry Association of America, and Sesac, Inc.
- Football Association Premier League Ltd., Bourne Co., Murbo Music Publishing, Inc., Cal IV Entertainment, LLC, X-Ray Dog Music, Inc., and Fédération Francaise de Tennis (this filing is actually a motion for leave to file the amicus brief)
Groklaw's discussion of those amicus briefs is here.
YouTube's opposition brief is due on October 25, 2013.